Nagad, one of the most flourishing mobile financial services, handed over Tk 3,31,94,877 to Bangladesh Post Office as its revenue share for FY21.
The revenue received by the postal department in the just-concluded fiscal year was much higher than the previous year.
At a recent function at the secretariat, Secretary of Posts and Telecommunications Md Afzal Hossain received a cheque mentioning the amount from Nagad’s Executive Director Md Shafayet Alam.
As per the agreement, the postal department is entitled to 51 per cent of the total revenue generated from the services of Nagad and the remaining 49 per cent goes to Nagad Limited.
Earlier, in FY20, the postal department received Tk 1.12 crore from the mobile financial service of the Bangladesh Post Office.